Friday, October 2, 2009

I Heart Diamond

This post is a tribute to Val Diamond who has quit one of my favorite, unique only to San Francisco things to do--Beach Blanket Babylon. BBB is a hilarious musical that centers on Snow White trying to find her Prince Charming all around the world. The show's appeal is drawn from pop culture and current events (like the Obamas, Oprah Winfrey, the Jonas Brothers).

Dean took me to celebrate my 34th birthday this year. His first time, my fifth or sixth, BBB's 35th anniversary. He loved it, and I thought it was the best BBB I've seen yet. Everyone I take loves it. I think I've taken my parents twice.

I always wondered what would happen without its star Val Diamond who pretty much carried the whole show with her charisma, wit, and strong voice. I can't imagine the show without her and I'm totally bummed there wasn't one last performance with her in it. I would have paid top dollar for front row seats.

So long, Val. I will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment