Saturday, October 3, 2009

Done with Detox

I'm officially drinking again. Four weeks with one mid-program relapse because my gay best friend "forced" me. I cheated a little and didn't do a full month because a friend came in from out of town. We embarked on an eat and drink girls weekend in Napa. How lame would that have been to go to wine country and not sip on liquid goodness during harvest season?

What did I learn from this detox experience? I am ok with not drinking every single night. Yes, that's right. I'm perfectly fine with my chocolate soy milk before bed time. Still, that didn't stop me from loading up with four pricey bottles of wine during our mini-vacation escapade.

As a local, I really don’t go to Napa. Sonoma is my region of choice. But I had fun in Napa nonetheless.

Here's the weekend breakdown.

Wineries: Carneros (nice view), Pine Ridge (skip it), Mumm's (outdoor seating overlooking the vineyard), Duckhorn (fantastic wines--one of which was served at Obama's inauguration), Rutherford (good value wines), Rob Sinsky (skip it).

Food: Ubuntu (yummy vegetarian, pizzas mediocre), Redd (excellent!!!), Cindy's (cute, but go elsewhere for brunch).

No comments:

Post a Comment