Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Burning Opera

I went to the Burning Opera last night at Teatro Zinzanni.  Sorry, Burners, but it sucked.  And I actually think I'm being pretty nice.  Don't get me wrong.  I wasn't expecting Cirque du Soleil, the actual Teatro Zinanni, or Beach Blanket Babylon, but truth be told...I've been more impressed with high school musicals.

Everyone looked like they needed about 100+ more hours of practice.  It was so bad, I left during intermission.  I'm embarrassed to say that I was actually encouraging friends to come along with me.  What a mistake.

I seriously considered tweeting about it today, but figured, if you don't have something nice to say, don't fucking say it at all.  But I think the Burners who produced the Burning Opera can learn from a little feedback.  PRACTICE, PRACTICE, FUCKING PRACTICE.  The opera sucked and my money would have been spent better any where else.  I would have rather had two good glasses of wine than gone to see that production.  In fact, I thought it was such a waste of time, that I left!

The singing and dancing was inconsistent.  Umm, did you just pick your buddies?  Or did you actually audition people?  Yikes, what a disaster.  Next time, when you're producing a full-scale opera, maybe you should lay off the drugs.  Otherwise, everyone in the audience will wish they were on some enhancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment