Sunday, October 4, 2009

Changed My Life

Books: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald for its flawed, true-to-life characters, The Waves by Virginia Woolf for its beautiful imagery, The Secret by Rhonda Byrnes--my favorite self-help book

Magazine: Vanity Fair--because all other periodicals are shit

Game: Scrabble--best board game

Food: Lean Cuisines--tastiness packaged for convenient consumption for overeaters like me who have no sense of portion control and were raised by "clean your plate" immigrants

Restaurant: Ad Hoc--fixed-price, fresh, locally-grown, best brunch ever

Dessert: Havana-branded alfajores from Argentina

Artists: Chagall, Van Gogh, Peter Hudson, Bryan Tedrick

Movies: Kramer vs. Kramer, Requiem for a Dream--I love tear-jerking dramas that make you think about the human experience

TV: Sex and the City, Entourage--because I like my TV witty

Finances: Charles Schwab 2% Cash Back Credit Card

Stock Pick: BAC's dramatic rise will partially fund my wedding

Technology: Apple MacBook will last longer than all my previous shitty laptops, Google Desktop Search--my trusty secret for getting through my work day and finding documents faster

Web Sites: Craigslist, Facebook, Twitter--can't live life without them

Shopping: Amazon, Zappos--online convenience

Hotel: Morgan's Rock--San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua luxury ecolodge overlooking the ocean, all the food grown on the nearby farm (I cooked breakfast with the farmers one morning!)

Events: Bay to Breakers, Burning Man--kooky goodness

Botox: Yes, I do botox, but in the armpits to control excessive sweating, I don't put toxins in my face, people!

Period: Only 4-5 times a year, because you really don't need to menstruate every single fucking month

No comments:

Post a Comment