Friday, October 30, 2009

Queue Fun Factor

I saw pictures of my friend Amy's wedding and made a note in my wedding Excel spreadsheet to contact her. Everyone looked like they were having the time of their lives. I'm talking air guitar, huge smiles. It was happy insanity!

I emailed Amy today and asked her what the secret was. Any advice for me? Here's what she had to say.

"we had a blast at our wedding and i think the contributing factors were: 1) we made sure it was fun, starting with an intimate ceremony where our families sang in a choire, Mark wearing Nikes sneakers w his groomsmen, to the songs we played, then reinforced at the reception with fun fans made with our faces, crazy dance in the beginning by us and the bridal party to set the tone of the wedding, open bar, photo booth which people LOVED, props for the photo booth which made their way onto the actual dance floor even, to the fact that many of our friends knew each other. and last but not least, our attitude that we wanted to make it fun and that we didn't want a stiff wedding. i am sure yours will be fun because YOU ARE FUN.

"have fun with the wedding planning and don't feel like there is a way you have to do certain things!! your family and friends will be so happy to be there for you and the more personalized you can make it (beyond just engravings of your names) the more fun everyone will have!!"

I wish I could post pictures of Amy's wedding. I'm telling you, I wasn't even there and I got giddy looking at the pictures. She did a splendid job and needs to consider moonlighting as a wedding planner.

No comments:

Post a Comment