Monday, August 24, 2009

Wedding Planning Update

We decided on Palm Springs almost on a whim. I happened upon the Ace Hotel through a web site listing it as one of the hottest up and coming hotels. We trekked down south during 4th of July for a weekend getaway of fun and reconnaissance. Fell in love with both the Ace and cute, hot Palm Springs.

I don't know anything about the town. What little I've gleaned was over the course of a weekend. So I've decided to hire a day-of wedding coordinator. Hailing from Palm Springs, she's going to help me with rehearsal dinner locations. She's offered up her opinion on good vendors that won't break the budget.

I thought I could do it all on my own, but I don't want to run around on my wedding day in a bridal gown lighting up candles, passing out programs, setting the tables. I've heard people say, "Don't worry about it. Just project-manage people and tell them what to do."

I can't even count on my own bridal party to show up on time! Why would I want to task anyone with wedding details?

If I didn't have the career I have, I swear I'd love to plan weddings or be a day-of wedding coordinator. Project management is my specialty, but glad I've got a local resource who will be carrying out my vision for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment