Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Boring Life I Lead

I am fiercely trying to organize my very chaotic life. I feel tension, stress, anxiety. I'll put a call for help out there into the world!

Home Sweet Home
I just refinanced my place for the third time in about 18 months. It was not an easy refi because the appraisal came in lower than we were hoping. I bought my place for $455,000. It recently appraised for $525,000. But my private student loan put me over the limit. We had to do a subordination of the student loan. Logistical friggin nightmare. Everything came to a close, I signed the paperwork last Friday, and now...well...now my mortgage is $1800 for a 1 bedroom with parking in San Francisco proper. Suhweet! Well worth the nightmare.

Money in My Pocket
My tenant moves out on August 22nd. I'm in a tizzy trying to find a replacement. I thought a friend of mine would be a good fit, but I think he's checking out other places as well. I need that money for our wedding! So if you know of anyone looking for a very clean, beautiful place at a killer deal (I pay for everything--all the bills plus wireless internet), please have them contact me. Click here for the Craigslist ad.

Burn, Baby, Burn
Burning Man is fast approaching. It always sneaks up on me. I am juggling the schedule for the ARTery and getting prepared for 11 days in the desert. On top of that, I'm trying to prep my fiance for his first experience, making sure he has his ticket, early arrival pass, all the little nitty things that you need to get onto the playa--since he is coming up separately. Then I leave the morning of burn day. I'm chartering a flight from the desert to the Reno airport, then to Phoenix, then to Albuquerque, then renting a car to drive to Santa Fe. I hope I don't have a mental breakdown on the way to my friend's wedding.

The Windy City: Here We Come
Before I leave, we are trying to finalize the schedule for my 5th year business school reunion in Chicago in November. It's jam-packed with events from Thursday dinner through Sunday brunch.

Getting Hitched
And lastly, I am also trying to plan my wedding.

I need to hire a personal assistant!

No comments:

Post a Comment