Sunday, August 16, 2009

Picture Perfect (Part II)

I spent thousands of dollars and all I got was this 20-page photo album.

During the photographer selection process, I started to become that bride who wanted the very best at whatever expense. I came across Apertura Photography's Erwin Darmali who was recently named one of the top wedding photographers. Unlike other sets of pictures I viewed, Erwin's complete wedding photos were consistent throughout hours and hours of picture-taking. I think you need to watch out for photographers who put their best shots on their web site. Ask to see the complete set of pictures from their most recent wedding. You'll notice a lot of inconsistency and lack of quality. Erwin bucked that trend. His pictures are crisp in the daytime, nighttime. They tell a story and every damn picture is a good one. But I had a hard time getting comfortable with the expense. He's good so he should charge prices that reflect his skill.

Ahhh, then I stumbled upon Jose Villa who is a god in the world of wedding photography. Hands down, I do not think you will find a wedding photographer who is better. He is the very best. His photos are light and airy works of art. For a long time, I thought, I don't care. I'll just save. This guy is amazing. I want him. But...so much money. So I kept looking.

Then I found him. The perfect photographer within our budget. Someone who sometimes works alongside Jose Villa. Take a look at his pictures, I'm sure you'll agree. Consistent, quality, and right on the money.

CK Hwang
http://www.39eastphotography.com/
http://39eastphotography.bigfolioblog.com/
http://www.facebook.com/39east

1 comment:

  1. I loved Jose Villa and Apertura too. Jose did a few of my friends. Check out Duston Todd - he's super cheap, out of Utah.

    ReplyDelete