Sunday, August 23, 2009

Favorites

With over a hundred people reading my blog daily, how about a post on all my favorite things. Stuff like this makes me happy.

Favorite web sites:
Twitter (I follow Oprah, Chelsea Handler, Anderson Cooper, Suze Orman, Dr. Sanjay Gupta, Gavin Newsom, Yelp SF, Obama, Burning Man...)
Facebook
Yahoo Maps
Jumble
SF Gate's Daily Dish
People
Yelp
Craigslist

Favorite books:
The Great Gatsby, Fitzgerald
Anything by Virginia Woolf (The Waves is my favorite.)
Anything by William Faulkner
Confederacy of Dunces, O'Toole
Then We Came to the End, Ferris

Favorite places to eat and drink:
Anything that my friend Patricia makes
Spruce
Foreign Cinema
Moss Room
Crown & Crumpet
Tommy's Joynt
Nopa
Whole Foods

Best sweets:
See's Candies
Kara's Cupcakes (Passionfruit is my favorite.)
Sweet Mandy B's, Chicago

Places to de-stress:
Burke-Williams
Kabuki Springs

Favorite shops:
Amazon.com
American Rag
Wasteland
LF
Urban Outfitters
Anthropologie
Zappos.com

Where to people watch:
Farmers Market at the Ferry Building
Dolores Park
Burning Man!

Favorite music:
Classical piano
Classic rock
Matisyahu
Pink Martini
Maria Rita

Best snippets of advice:
Get GPS
Try to get a hold of a Google Voice invitation
Don't waste a single minute doing anything you don't want to do.
Get another job, find a hobby, go travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment