Saturday, December 12, 2009

Wedding Dress Arrival

Buyer 100 emailed that the dress was finished and on its way to me via USPS.  I thought they made a mistake.  I thought they meant UPS or FedEx, but the dress shipped from China using the United States Postal Service.  Go figure.  I've been tracking the dress daily as it made its way through customs and to my parents' home.  

My parents brought it this weekend when we metup for brunch.  It didn't come in a box.  It came in a small package.  The dress was fully compressed.  I was nervous.  Of course it wouldn't look exactly like the couture dress I tried on, right?  It just couldn't.  Drumroll please.

IT DOES!  It looks exactly like the pictures.  It looks exactly like the dress I tried on in a boutique in Chicago.  The only difference are all the wrinkles from the dress being compressed as much as possible to fit into a tiny package for cheaper postage.

The dress needs to be taken in from the bottom because I'm so short, but otherwise it fits perfectly around my girth.  And it'll need bustling.  But otherwise, it is perfect--at 1/4 the price. Great job, China!

No comments:

Post a Comment