Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Straightforward

I don't like surprises. I especially don't like lame surprises. This is our first Christmas together and I figured I'd tell Dean what I wanted. There are very few things I want in life. If I want something, I get it. But this is a present that can be rather expensive depending on which hardcover you get. I've been eyeing his work for years.

From: Catherine.Gacad
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 5:10 PM
To: Dean Barbella
Subject: Christmas Present

Hi Baby, I don't want you to stress about what to get me for Christmas so I'll just tell you.

I'm fascinated by Henry Darger who was a janitor in Chicago. After he died, people found a mass of beautiful illustrations with accompanying stories in his apartment.

He's a genius! I would love if you could get me one of his hardcover books. You can find him on Amazon.com. I'll just let you surprise me with which one you pick. Yey!!!

From: Dean Barbella
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 6:34 PM
To: Gacad, Catherine
Subject: RE: Christmas Present

Wow – Looks interesting. Will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment