Thursday, December 17, 2009

Shopaholic

The mail room guys at my company get a kick out of me because I've had several deliveries a day for the past week or so.  They think I have a side-gig as a personal shopper.  I have boxes and boxes stacked in my cube from Amazon, Zappos, Design Within Reach. Does anyone else have this problem?  I don't want packages shipped to my home address because, duh, no one's home. I'm at work all day long.

I don't go to the mall.  I don't browse.  I don't wait in line anywhere. I do 80% of my shopping online.  I buy so many books---books for me, friends, kids, everyone.  I buy shoes from Zappos. A new hairdryer, a lamp, handy toolkit presents for my neighbors from Amazon.  Look Ma, not tax! 

It's totally embarrassing, especially when the same mail guy came a second, then third time around.  "Another package, huh?  Either it's Christmastime or you've got a bad shopping habit."

No comments:

Post a Comment