Thursday, December 10, 2009

Here to Stay

Dean and I decided that we cannot beat our living situation: the proximity to my work, the ease of getting around the city with busses, BART, and cable cars steps from our door, and the huge amount of money we're saving.  Now that we're set on staying, we're on a mission to completely redecorate.  

It's spring cleaning time, but in winter.  We're purging everything unnecessary: shoe boxes, knick-knacks, dead lamps, clothing we never wear.  One of the tenants who recently moved out left stainless steel kitchen shelving.  Dean took that down and setup in our place tonight.  We got rid of a storage unit in the kitchen to make room for a small table and chairs.

At the end of the year, when there's a change of tenants with my condo, I'll be sure to retrieve my red couch.  I'm scouring Craigslist for key furniture items.  Once we feel ready, we'll have people over for dinner in our studio.  We cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment