Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Sniffles

I'm under the weather.  Seriously under the weather.  I am stressed out of my mind: negotiating room rates for our wedding guests, gathering addresses for our save the dates, work is not easy, dance lessons, buying up presents, finalizing our wedding web site, I haven't even thought about my own web site which I thought I'd be launching now, and I'm bleeding.  I will probably not get to Christmas cards this year.  I'm going to the future in-laws in two weeks which is different and foreign and not something I need right now.  I need a vacation by myself to a warm sunny locale where I can get a room next to the ocean so I can hear the waves crash below, read books (where has all my reading time gone?) and drink lots and lots of wine.

I love Christmas.  I love December, but why is it so stressful this year?  Maybe it's all relative. 

Last year, I had an Elin Nordegren moment.  I didn't know I was playing second fiddle and literally lashed out at all parties involved. The situation was tense, ugly, and emotionally draining.  I shudder thinking at what transpired just one year ago.  

Oh, what a long way we have come.

No comments:

Post a Comment