Saturday, November 21, 2009

SoCal Vacation

Dean and I are both officially on vacation. I call it a working vacation since the premise of the trip is wedding planning. We are both taking one week off work so the next couple posts will be about wedding crap and meeting each others' LA-based friends.

We must've picked the best time to roadtrip down to LA: clocking exactly five hours, three stops, leaving at 1pm Saturday and strolling into Beverly Hills just a little past 6pm. We stayed at the upscale, but tiny Crescent Hotel, dined at The Palm, and drinks at Dan Tana's with Dean's friends. Shockingly, I threw up as soon as we got home. Not sure why, but suspect it had something to do with mixing alcohol and wine. I usually only drink wine these days so I guess the hard alcohol was an affront to my body. Fun double-date with Dean and his friend/wife.

One of the worst things about vacationing is picking up and sleeping in a new place every night. Avoid at all costs. Not until we get to Palm Springs are we staying in a place for more than one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment