Friday, November 6, 2009

The Best of Chicago

Being in Chicago brings back so many memories. Taking the blue line from O'Hare into the city. Riding in a cab that's not as expensive as San Francisco. Strolling up and down Michigan Avenue. Looking out toward the Lake. Taking in the public art installations in Millennium Park. Watching all the people shop in Nordstrom's, H&M, Apple. I feel so lucky that I got accepted to the University of Chicago and came to this city. Chicago is such a fun town with good people. Like really good people. Even the bums are friendly. They're smiling. They're not aggressive like where I'm from. This place is so alive in ways that San Francisco is not. The 4am last calls. The vibrant night life throughout every neighborhood of Chicago. It's also bad for my health. No wonder I fattened up by 20 pounds when I lived here. But the streets are safe. It's such a damn good time here except for the weather. And we lucked out with 60-70 degree weekend weather in November. Unbelievable. So glad to be enjoying the best of Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment