Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dance Fever

Dean and I are taking dance classes from a studio started up by famed choreographers from Dancing with the Stars. The show has always had an allure for me so you can imagine my excitement when I found the studio to help with our wedding dance.

We need the help. I think when they came up with the phrase 'two left feet,' they were referring to Dean. He was nervous the day of our first class, particularly at night when we made our way over to the studio on Clement Street.

There was a lot of activity for 8pm on a Tuesday. Kids were ending class. Personal instruction was going on. Our instructor Irina is great. She's young, cute, dynamic, and knows how to cater to different levels. She dumbed down our dance to as basic as it can get. She even turned to me and whispered, "You have rhythm. You'll need to keep the beat." I looked over and poor Dean was off in his own little world, practicing and counting out loud to the song. Irina made us promise to practice, practice, practice.

I thought it might be too stressful for Dean or that I'd get irritated with our lack of coordination, but I was surprised at how much fun we had. It's just something different that we're doing together for the first time. I don't even care how the dance turns out, we're really enjoying the classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment