Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Back on Track with the Ace

When I'm dropping well over $10,000 in fees for a wedding (not including filling the hotel over the weekend with our wedding guests), I expect a certain level of service. As a bride, finding out that my catering manager has left was completely unacceptable. Ever hear of disabling an employee's email when they leave?

After going straight to the general manager, the sales director, and the interim catering manager, my fears have been dismissed. They treated us really well, discounting our room, upgrading us, and discounting all of our purchases in the diner, bar, and spa by 20%. The tasting was amazing. All of our guests will be treated to chicken, beef, alaskan cod, pulled pork, berry tarts, and chocolate cake. No choice to make...you'll get everything!

My saving grace here is a local day-of wedding coordinator who has helped me every step of the way. She is worth every penny. She's secured the Friday night welcome dinner venue. She's answered all my questions about weather, temperature, timing, recommended vendors. I couldn't plan this without her sound knowledge of Palm Springs. Fireworks? No problem...not that we're having fireworks. Well, not literally anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment