Tuesday, November 24, 2009

P.S. I Love You

While researching wedding venues, I was all over the place: the San Francisco Bay Area, Santa Barbara, San Diego, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Chicago, Hawaii. I discovered a boutique hotel in Palm Springs and became more interested after discussions with the catering manager. Over the 4th of July holiday, we took time off work and came down to scout it out. We fell in love with Palm Springs. It's hot year-round and very relaxing.

Someone said to me, "There's nothing to do in Palm Springs, but hang out by the pool." Umm, I can't think of anything better. If you can't relax and chill by the pool, then I feel sorry for you.

Several months later, we're back down here again and we're loving it more and more. We stayed in the hotel where we're having the wedding for the first time. The rooms are kitschy-cool with record players, bear rugs, and outdoor fireplaces. The rooms also come with luxurious Suite Dreams beds that are heaven. I think I like them more than my Tempurpedic, but Dean says nothing beats my bed.

The hotel is conveniently located near downtown and close to the airport. There's no need to leave with two pools, spa services, a diner, a bar, bikes, Vespas. Plus the price point for having our wedding here (the venue, accommodations, food & drink) could not be beat. We cannot wait to share our wedding weekend with you. It's going to be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment