Sunday, November 22, 2009

Go Bears

When I say 'Go Bears,' I don't really mean it. If Cal is playing and I happen to be watching the game, of course, I'll root for Cal. But I am no sports fanatic. I don't get season tickets. I can't in detail recount the bizarre Play between Stanford and Cal. It's just not in me. I was pretty psyched to watch a little bit of The Big Game when we rolled into town on Saturday evening. I was stunned, frankly. My motto for my alma mater has consistently been, "Cal Bears never fail to disappoint." Am I right or what?

So when we won, I couldn't help but scream, "Go Bears!" I know that's hypocritical, but when I say it, I'm really saying, 'Cheers to all the hard-core bears fans out there (I know so many of them) who cheer the school on. They watch every game. They get depressed when we lose. They deserve this win. This is for you. Go Bears!"

No comments:

Post a Comment