Saturday, November 7, 2009

Dream Dress

I had to come to Chicago to find my dream dress. I've been searching for a wedding gown for the past couple months. I've been to most of the boutiques in the city. I've searched preownedweddingdresses.com hundreds of times. I couldn't find anything I loved. I felt like I knew exactly what I wanted: sweetheart neckline, mermaid/trumpet fit, chiffon fabric. Every time I tried something on, it never met all of my criteria.

I decided I would go to one boutique while I was here in Chicago. Dimitra's Bridal which is one block away from my hotel. What I like about Dimitra's is that they carry the couture lines that I like: Pronovias, San Patrick, Model Novias. Do you sense a Spanish designer theme, here? Four dresses in, I found my dream dress. As soon as I saw it on, I knew it was the one, meeting all of my criteria. I gasped. "This is it. Omigosh, this is it."

The attendant smiled. "You're so skinny, you look great in all our dresses, but this one is beautiful on you."

I loved it. Then she found a veil and stuck it on my head. The picture was complete. The veil made me look even better. I asked how much the dress was. $1,425. I told her I'd think about it, but that I'd take the veil. Cost of the veil, $1,200.

I left empty-handed and now scouring online to have the dress made in China. But that gorgeous veil...don't know what to do about that. Cannot find that graduated lace with diamonds anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment