Wednesday, September 23, 2009

5 Friends, 5 Years

Last night, at House restaurant in North Beach, we celebrated our 5-year anniversary. Six newly-minted MBA students hailing from University of San Francisco, USC, Michigan, and me as the only Chicago representation who accepted our offers, started together in the same group, and have stayed with the company for five years. Granted, several of us moved on to different positions and departments, it's unbelievable and quite rare to find six MBA students who are with the same company and same core group of work friends.

We called ourselves the 'newbies' and organized regular dinners to celebrate birthdays. The Senior VP I worked for when I first started pulled me aside one day, "I hear you're part of this MBA clique. They keep bringing it up in management meetings. You guys do everything together. Eat together, go out together. It's weird. We're not used to that type of camraderie here."

I doubt any of the newbies will see this post, although some of them have read my blog off and on, but I want to say to my five, five-year friends…thanks for the memories. We're still going strong five years later.

xoxo,
midgie

No comments:

Post a Comment