Sunday, July 19, 2009

This is What Happens When You Live Together

You get each other's illnesses. Dean was sick last week and I think I did a good job of nursing him back to health. I swear by Tom Yum soup--extra extra spicy.

Dean got better while I got worse. I woke up Saturday morning with a sore throat that has now turned into a slight fever. This is the worst week at work to be sick. So I focused all my efforts today on making myself feel better.

I've been sucking on a combination of Cold Eeze zinc lozenges, Sucrets Vitamin C and Zinc lozenges, Halls Vitamin C and Echinacea lozenges. I went and got a one hour, $43 massage in Chinatown. And I had my Tom Yum soup. But it's still lingering.

I even did a little bit of retail therapy post-massage at Union Square. You know how you always find something when you don't want to find anything?  Well, I finally found a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes.  I've been dying for a pair ever since I became a fan of Sex in the City.  Saks was having a designer sale and the hot pink heels were 60% off.  They're actually very reasonable--I'm not just saying that.  So cute.  You will see me wear them every night out, including my rehearsal dinner and wedding.  White gown with hot pink shoes.  Can't beat it!

I'm taking an Ambien and getting 10 hours of sleep tonight right after Entourage.

No comments:

Post a Comment