Saturday, July 25, 2009

A New Neighborhood

I love being a city girl, living and working in one of the best cities in the world.  Mind you, I live in the heart of San Francisco on the border of Western Addition and Lower Pacific Heights.  I'm centrally located with bus lines zig-zagging all around me.  When I told people how much I loved living in the city, I probably ignored the fact that commuting and riding MUNI sucks ass. Every morning, a crowd of us would hover, wondering whether or not the next bus would stop. Most likely NOT.  After one or two busses passed--practically standing room only, the waiting and growing crowd of Financial District worker bees would get more and more furious.  One time, I stood in front of a bus's path.  "YOU NEED TO STOP!" I screamed with the palm of my right hand extended.  "We have been waiting for 45 minutes and three buses have passed us." Everyone piled in like upright packaged sardines.  It made my life miserable.  I never knew if I'd make it in time for a meeting.  I had taxi cabs on speed dial just in case.

Dean lives in Lower Nob Hill.  Fabulous Lower Nob Hill...where I can walk to work in 15 minutes, easily take one of a myriad of busses, or even hop on a cable car.  I feel like I have so much more time.  I'm a lot happier.  I don't know how I lived where I did for so long.  Give yourself the luxury of living close to work.  It's marvelous!

No comments:

Post a Comment