Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Things that Make Me Happy

I should be in a good mood since I'm almost fully recovered from a weekend of illness, but I'm glum. Lots of pressure just building up with work, Burning Man responsibilities, getting my newbie fiance to the Burn safely and making sure he's comfortable, transporting myself from the middle of the desert during the Burn to get to a wedding in Santa Fe, checking my tenant out and trying to get a new tenant in before I leave for the Burn, my own wedding planning, vendors pressuring me, my loan officer calling about last minute paperwork to finalize my third refi...I'm about to lose it. I know, I say that a lot.

When all is stressful in the world, I can count most of all on Dean. Dean is perfect for me because he's drama-free, laid-back, and constantly makes me laugh. He's also really thoughtful. He drops me off at work and picks me up. Every few days, there's a ribbon-wrapped box of milk chocolate truffles on our living room table.

I also love:

Scented Candles--My favorite ones are the Capri Blue candles you can get at Anthropologie. They're reasonably-priced and powerful-smelling.

Wine--Cheap wine will do. My favorites are Little Penguin and any of the red varietal Two Buck Chuck Charles Shaws from Trader Joe's. Anyone who disses Two Buck Chuck blindly buys wine based on price.

Jumble--I play Jumble every day. http://jumble.com/games/info/13

Steam Rooms--When I'm having a bad day, I'll go to the Club One at the Fairmont Hotel. Or if you've got a day to kill, hanging out at Burke Williams at The Westfield is pure luxury.

Going Out--Spruce, Nopa…but mostly I like checking out new places since I've lived here my whole life and the city can get really boring. Dean and I like the new Rickhouse that opened up on Kearny.

Facebook--My Facebook usage has taken a turn for the worse, but I do love looking at pictures and videos of my friends' children. It's so hard for me to keep track of everyone, I love spending my down time seeing my friends' kids grow.

Bookstores--I would like to live in a bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment