Saturday, July 18, 2009

Rock, Paper, Scissors

It all starts with a rock. A big, shiny rock.

I've latched onto Dean's Facial Fuel Lotion for Men and wanted to pick us up more at Saks. While browsing the Kiehl's medicine cabinets, the cosmetics gal from La Mer made her way over to me. "That ring. Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous."

I smiled happily, "I know, huh? I picked it!"

Fellas, do yourself a favor and have your future wife pick out her own ring--a ring she's going to wear on her finger every day for the rest of her life. Let's hope she says yes.

I spent hours online. Bluenile, Tiffany's, Borsheim's, online vintage jewelers. I thought for sure I was going to get a vintage Tacori style ring online. But then I started browsing jewelry stores in Union Square, at the Westfield. I walked into Derco at the Westfield and the guy said, "We don't have any engagement rings here, but go to our store at the Gift Center."

That's where I found my ring. I think that's where everyone in San Francisco shops, too. I'd never heard of Derco, but the place is packed with crowds of people leaving with dark blue gift bags--a slight twist on Tiffany's turquoise.

Great selection, unbeatable prices. Save yourself thousands of dollars and put that money toward an open bar. Get your engagement ring at Derco. I'm even thinking of going back and getting a pair of earrings.

No comments:

Post a Comment